I can't believe the last time I wrote a blog entry was in October.
(And in case you were wondering, the wasps never returned, and I've been sting-free!)
It's hard for me to even remember what happened in 2014. It pretty much flew by.
But I'll try my hardest to recollect any good moments.
- Trevor proposed to Mekayla!!
- My crush on Jimmy Fallon quadrupled. He took over The Tonight Show and completely crushed it. I don't miss an episode. He's so amazingly brilliant, and my new life goal is to take a trip to New York and be an audience member in his show.
- I ruined multiple pinterest recipes and finally realized that either those recipes suck or I don't know how to cook...
- Derrick proposed to Kaylee!
- My first year coaching track took off into full swing.
- SPRING BREAK! Two years ago, James and I ventured to Austin. This year we went a little farther from home. Little Rock, Arkansas. We went to the zoo, a comedy club, and we tried Vietnamese coffee (delicious!) for the first time.
- I bought Winnifred (my iPhone 5S).
- I played Bingo for the first time (the beginning of my addiction).
- I ran a glow in the dark 5K with Yvette and made my first, and probably only, trip to the Dallas Market Center. Fifteen floors of nothing but shopping! Such a neat experience.
- My grandma had been fighting cancer and lost her battle. We made a trip to South Dakota to celebrate her life with all of our family and friends.
- I tried a new "cleanse" diet that eliminated coffee from my daily menu. That didn't last long.
- I also tried a high pressure tanning bed that left my body looking like a lobster. Never again.
- Track ended. Regionals ate our kids up, and no one advanced.
- I ran another 5K with Nick. Technically he beat me, but I led the entire race. Totally unfair.
- James graduated college and passed his registry exam, so he started hitting the job hunt. So proud of him! For all of his hard work, I bought him an iPad, so we've been able to facetime each other which is a lot more convenient than a phone call.
- I SURVIVED MY FIRST YEAR OF TEACHING! It actually went by super fast (as is this year).
- We took a trip with Cody, Vanessa, and Trillanee to Concan and floated the river for the first time.
- We had our minds blown by the best breakfast food in the WORLD, The Magnolia Pancake Haus in San Antonio. (This past weekend we went to Austin for New Year's Eve and drove an hour and a half out of the way just to eat there.)
- Ron and Pam moved from Holcomb Circle to the Kiepersol estates, so James and I helped them move and unpack. As a special thanks, they gave us a gift card to eat at the Kiepersol restaurant. It was a great experience, and the food was perfection.
- We had a girl's trip to Austin for Kyndall's bachelorette party where I floated the river for the 2nd time.
- My lifetime companion for the past 5 years, my 2006 Pontiac G6 named Rhonda, was sold and replaced by Corrina, my 2013 Ford Escape.
- We spent the 4th at Trevor and Mekayla's house in Owasso.
- I went to my first coaching clinic and ran into one of my high school besties, Ashlen.
- We made another trip to South Dakota for the Bures Family Reunion.
- I shot skeet for the first time.
- I drove down to Rockport for Kyndall's beach wedding.
- James and I floated the river one last time for the summer.
- We made a trip to 6 Flags with Nick and Cammie.
- I finally got my bus driving license.
- School started for my 2nd year in Jacksonville.
- James got hired, so now we're both employed with big girl/boy jobs.
- Another trip to Austin for Mekayla's bachelorette party.
- I got a gym membership (which has almost gone to waste because basketball consumes all my time).
- Trevor and Mekayla FINALLY got married in Owasso, and I got to see a lot of my family from up north again.
- I got stung by a wasp for the first time.
- Basketball started, so all my free time no longer exists until May.
- The new Taylor Swift album was released (1989), and I'm obsessed.
- Derrick and Kaylee got married in Tyler (thus concluding all my 2014 weddings).
- Thanksgiving in Nacogdoches was delicious, but it was cut short due to a basketball tournament.
- James and I celebrated 3 years of dating.
- I celebrated my 24th year of life.
- Christmas break spoiled me, but it was so great spending almost an entire week with my family.
- The distillery tour at Kiepersol kicked my butt.
- My mom, my Aunt Pam, and I saw the new Annie, and it was soooo cute.
- Our last trip of 2014. James and I met Ashlyn, Jeremiah, and Julie in Austin for New Year's Eve on 6th Street. And like I said, we had to make a trip to Magnolia, and my first meal of 2015 was miserably delicious.
I don't have any resolutions. I'm not into all that stuff.
But I do hope 2015 brings lots of joy, happiness, and adventure.
Not just to me but to each and every one of you!
Happy New Year!
Keep Smiling =)